Stocking the right range of snacks is vital to meet a variety of consumer needs, whatever the demographic, mission or time of day.
Did you know?
- 45% of UK adult population has bought something for snack on the go in the last month5
- 3 in 4 British adults tend to snack around the same time each day. Peaks in the mid-morning, lunch and the afternoon but the UK the average time is 15:41^
Considerations in hotels.
To allow consumers to have access to the right types of snacks throughout the day - whether to boost mood, a healthier option, or simply reaching for a favourite treat - the right range of snacks across the touch-points of a hotel will help ensure customer satisfaction. We can help support you with the best range of snacks - be it for reception areas, vending machines, in-room solutions or conferencing.
- 24% of all OOH sweet snacking sales consumed in accommodation segment1
- 45% of OOH snacking sales in hotels are made up of the biscuits category, which is growing at +0.8%*
- Pre-Coronavirus - average spend in hotels had increased in all day parts, but highest at breakfast^^
1 Source Kantar OOH panel Dec 2019
2 Nielsen GB - Total Market | 52 w/e 29 Dec 19
3 HIM Food to Go 08/2019
4 MCA Eating Out Panel Q2 2020
5 Kantar Usage, 52w/e 11th Aug 2019 vs. 2018 & 2015, million occasions, Total Chocolate In Home & Carried Out. Based on occasions growth for Total Food 2019 vs. 2018. Omnibus survey of 2,000 UK respondents, nationally representative and Online Community
* Sales Out , One View FY2019
** IGD Jan 2020
*** Nielsen Total Market , 52 weeks , 5th October 2019
^ State of Snacking, Harris Poll on behalf of Mondelez, Sept 2019 n501 UK
^^ MCA | OPERATOR DATA INDEX MONTHLY ANALYSIS HOTELS © 2020