With the changing landscape of out of home consumption since the Global Pandemic, UK hotel industry is one of the most challenged sectors feeling the effects of lockdown as well as the cautious consumer. However, in preparation as the industry does cautiously re-open, we are here to help. As a leading manufacturer for snacking, we understand trends and interpret insights to ensure you have the right categories, products & solutions to maximise on-the-go. From the number 1 branded hot chocolate*, branded ingredients and plenty of recipe ideas to excite your consumers.
Stocking the right range of snacks is vital to meet a variety of consumer needs, whatever the demographic, mission or time of day.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 45% of UK adult population has bought something for snack on the go in the last month 5
- 3 in 4 British adults tend to snack around the same time each day. Peaks in the mid-morning, lunch and the afternoon but the UK the average time is 15:41 ^
CONSIDERATIONS IN HOTELS.
To allow consumers to have access to the right types of snacks throughout the day - whether to boost mood, a healthier option, or simply reaching for a favourite treat - the right range of snacks across the touch-points of a hotel will help ensure customer satisfaction. We can help support you with the best range of snacks - be it for reception areas, vending machines, in-room solutions or conferencing.
- 24% of all OOH sweet snacking sales consumed in accommodation segment 1
- 45% of OOH snacking sales in hotels are made up of the biscuits category, which is growing at +0.8% *
- Pre-Coronavirus - average spend in hotels had increased in all day parts, but highest at breakfast ^^
WHICH PRODUCTS ARE BEST?
- As over 70% of confectionery purchases are made on IMPULSE 3
- 1 in every 4 chocolate bar sold in foodservice is Cadbury *
- Hot chocolate is the fourth most popular drink after coffee when snacking
DON'T FORGET WE MANUFACTURE THE UK'S NUMBER 1 BRANDED HOT CHOCOLATE CADBURY*-THE IDEAL OFFER FOR HOTELS- FRONT OF HOUSE, IN-ROOM, RESTAURANT, CONFERENCE, MEETINGS OR BANQUETING
- With the UK coffee shop culture leading the way - what must not be overlooked is a branded hot chocolate to accompany coffee and tea. With a loyal consumer base, Cadbury hot chocolate is the right choice which consumers love. We can provide you with added value recipe ideas to help delight front of house as well as the right product solutions for efficient buffet service or in-room
- Higher penetration - Cadbury 88% vs Galaxy 52% 2
- Higher frequency - Cadbury 17.1 vs Galaxy 5.8 2
- Higher repeat rate - Cadbury 86.9% vs 57.3% Galaxy 2
1 Source Kantar OOH panel Dec 2019
2 Nielsen GB - Total Market | 52 w/e 29 Dec 19
3 HIM Food to Go 08/2019
4 MCA Eating Out Panel Q2 2020
5 Kantar Usage, 52w/e 11th Aug 2019 vs. 2018 & 2015, million occasions, Total Chocolate In Home & Carried Out. Based on occasions growth for Total Food 2019 vs. 2018. Omnibus survey of 2,000 UK respondents, nationally representative and Online Community
* Sales Out , One View FY2019
** IGD Jan 2020
*** Nielsen Total Market , 52 weeks , 5th October 2019
^ State of Snacking, Harris Poll on behalf of Mondelez, Sept 2019 n501 UK
^^ MCA | OPERATOR DATA INDEX MONTHLY ANALYSIS HOTELS © 2020