Opportunity To Maximuse Snacking For Staff and Visitors
With the pressure of the pandemic still upon us, this segment is still facing a range of restrictions - leisure parks and some entertainment venues & gyms are re-opening, however events & venues either face continued closure or operating through closed doors. Whatever the case, we are here to help. As a leading manufacturer for snacking and hot chocolate, we understand trends and interpret insights to ensure you have the right categories, products & solutions, when you are ready.
Stocking the right range of snacks is vital to meet the variety of needs, whatever the demographic, mission or time of day.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Snacking has the most frequency by day part - over 6 visits per head per month +0.4% and vs 4 for lunch 4
- Over half of consumers spent £2-£3 on their last snack mission 5
- 45% of UK adult population has bought something for snack on-the-go in the last month 5
CONSIDERATIONS FOR SNACKING.
13% of total snacking occurs in the leisure segment and (pre-Covid) is growing +13%1, despite the segment itself only representing just 3% of total OOH. As this segment is all about on the go convenience, it is vital to ensure consumers have access to the right types of snacks throughout the day - whether to boost mood or as fuel to keep going, as healthier option, needing solid chocolate or simply a favourite.
- 3 in 4 British adults tend to snack around the same time each day. Peaks in the mid-morning, lunch and the afternoon but the UK the average time is 15:41 ^
- 8% of all OOH chocolate sales go through the leisure segment (+6% pre-Covid) 1 - the second highest segment for chocolate consumption after workplace*
- 70% of all chocolate sold in foodservice are chocolate bars *
- 49% of consumers say branded confectionery is very important when buying food-to-go. Confectionery 3rd most popular food-to-go item 3
- 1 in every 4 chocolate bars sold in foodservice is Cadbury *
CONSIDERATIONS FOR HOT CHOCOLATE.
As the fourth most popular drink after coffee when snacking 4, hot chocolate is vital for any drinks menu. Growing ahead of tea and coffee at +2.5% out of home, and with a 37% volume sold in tin and 25% in vending bags *, we want you to make the most of this opportunity.
- With the UK coffee shop culture leading the way, feeding consumer expectation wherever they are out of home, and 73% of consumers preferring to by a a branded hot chocolate, Cadbury hot chocolate is the right choice which consumers love. We provide the right hot chocolate solutions for you.
- Cadbury is the number 1 brand hot chocolate *
- Higher penetration - Cadbury 88% vs Galaxy 52% 2*
- Higher frequency - Cadbury 17.1 vs Galaxy 5.8 2*
- Higher repeat rate - Cadbury 86.9% vs 57.3% Galaxy 2*
1Source Kantar OOH panel Dec 2019
2Nielsen GB - Total Market | 52 w/e 29 Dec 19
3HIM Food to Go 08/2019
4MCA Eating Out Panel Q2 2020
5Kantar Usage, 52w/e 11th Aug 2019 vs. 2018 & 2015, million occasions, Total Chocolate In Home & Carried Out. Based on occasions growth for Total Food 2019 vs. 2018. Omnibus survey of 2,000 UK respondents, nationally representative and Online Community
*Sales Out , One View FY2019
**IGD Jan 2020
***Nielsen Total Market , 52 weeks , 5th October 2019
^State of Snacking, Harris Poll on behalf of Mondelez, Sept 2019 n501 UK
^^MCA | OPERATOR DATA INDEX MONTHLY ANALYSIS HOTELS © 2020