Serving success with Mondelez
These unprecedented times have seen big challenges for pubs and restaurants, as one of the most challenged sectors - feeling the effects of lockdown, re-opening protocols and welcoming back cautious consumers. However, as the industry evolves, we are here to help. As a leading manufacturer for snacking, we understand trends and interpret insights to ensure you have the right categories, products & solutions for be it for the best snacks to maximise on-the-go, the number 1 branded hot chocolate* or branded ingredients and recipes ideas to support chefs and excite consumers.
Stocking the right range of snacks is vital to meet the variety of needs, whatever the demographic, mission or time of day.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 45% of UK adult population has bought something for snack on the go in the last month 5
- 3 in 4 British adults tend to snack around the same time each day. Peaks in the mid-morning, lunch and the afternoon but the UK the average time is 15:41 ^
CONSIDERATIONS IN PUBS AND RESTAURANTS.
Consumers enter pubs and restaurants for a variety of occasions, and so it makes sense to have the best range of impulse snacks to meet those needs if they are stopping for a quick drink to provide an opportunity to upsell at any point during the day.
However, it’s not just snacking which can provide the opportunity to add value. Seasonal and speciality hot chocolate drinks or a branded inclusion in a dessert menu can also be a consumer draw and provide increased revenue streams.
- 34% of all OOH spend is through pubs & restaurants. Sweet snacking represents 15% of this spend and growing at +1.8% 1
- 17% of all OOH chocolate sales go through pubs & restaurants segments. Growing segments for chocolate singles include independent restaurant +5% *
- Nearly one fifth of OOH hot chocolate is consumed in pubs and restaurants *.
WHICH PRODUCTS ARE BEST?
- As over 70% of confectionery purchases are made on IMPULSE 3
- 1 in every 4 chocolate bars are sold in foodservice is Cadbury *
- Hot chocolate is the fourth most popular drink after coffee when snacking
DON'T FORGET WE MANUFACTURE THE UK'S NUMBER 1 BRANDED HOT CHOCOLATE CADBURY* - THE IDEAL OFFER FOR PUBS & RESTAURANTS - BARISTA OR VENDING BEHIND THE BAR OR IN THE KITCHEN TO SERVE TO RESTAURANT
- With the UK coffee shop culture leading the way, this is feeding consumer expectation wherever they are out of home. What must not be overlooked is a branded hot chocolate to accompany coffee and tea hot drinks menu. With a loyal consumer base, Cadbury hot chocolate is the right choice which consumers love. We can provide you with added value recipe ideas to help delight front of house as well as the right product solutions for efficient breakfast service or in-room.
- Higher penetration - Cadbury 88% vs Galaxy 52% 2
- Higher frequency - Cadbury 17.1 vs Galaxy 5.8 2
- Higher repeat rate - Cadbury 86.9% vs 57.3% Galaxy 2
1 Source Kantar OOH panel Dec 2019
2 Nielsen GB - Total Market | 52 w/e 29 Dec 19
3 HIM Food to Go 08/2019
4 MCA Eating Out Panel Q2 2020
5 Kantar Usage, 52w/e 11th Aug 2019 vs. 2018 & 2015, million occasions, Total Chocolate In Home & Carried Out. Based on occasions growth for Total Food 2019 vs. 2018. Omnibus survey of 2,000 UK respondents, nationally representative and Online Community
* Sales Out , One View FY2019
** IGD Jan 2020
*** Nielsen Total Market , 52 weeks , 5th October 2019
^ State of Snacking, Harris Poll on behalf of Mondelez, Sept 2019 n501 UK
^^ MCA | OPERATOR DATA INDEX MONTHLY ANALYSIS HOTELS © 2020